July 28, 2012

Celebrating my 1 year anniversary with my bf♥ヽ(愛´∀`愛)ノ

Over a year ago, me and my boyfriend became official on July 26th, and it has been such a pleasant journey with him, believe me. All of the fun times, good times, and even bad times have made us stronger. I've never been with anyone longer than 6 months prior to meeting Kevin so it's really crazy how happy this has made me feel. I've been anticipating this day for so long and it was such a special event for the both of us honestly. I took quite a few pics from my phone because I didn't get a chance to recharge the batteries on my camera so sorry for the scattered level of quality in these pics ^ ^; I stole some of the ones he took so you guys can see them too hehe! Anyway, here's a pic of us at the Reunion Tower in downtown Dallas inside the restuarant Five Sixty.

Someone said we look like a celeb couple...do we really? lol!
Our kind waiter took this photo and I think we both looked damn good here! lol I can't even front! We both did the whole color coordination idea and wore purple and I think it went well together :) And the view from the ball was gorgeous! Quick side note for those who aren't familiar with the downtown Dallas, I edited a neat little photo specifically for you guys :)

Photo taken off Google
That huge pretty ball way up top was where the restaurant Kevin took us too. Everyone there was dressed to the nines and I felt like I was wealthy as fuck just breathing their air! lol okay I'm exaggerating but it was so ritzy and glamorous so you can imagine how expensive dinner was there. Here's more pics he and I took from my phone and his sister's camera from where we were.

Had no wine since I'm still a freaking teen T^T Cannot wait for next year when i turn 21!!
I got the braised short ribs with coconut rice and he got this general Tso style quail dish. For our appetizer, we got the lobster spring rolls. Best damn appetizer on the planet!

It had a hint of curry in it I believe which I gotta make a post about soon, I've been getting into curry dishes A LOT as of late, they're so good and can be pretty healthy for you too. My braces were tightened the day before so I was a bit worried about the ribs being too tough for me to chew but they were so tender and had no bone so it was easy to eat! Kevin's quail was really delicious as well. I felt like I was in heaven! Here's my smile to prove it!
*sigh* sorry about the bad quality guys lol promise next time I'll use my cam for such events > _ < Oh and here's more pics of my outfit/look before I left the apartment.

I was so feeling myself that night. It was such a fun experience. Oh and btw, I forgot to mention although this night was really fun, I was experiencing a lot of scalp trauma do to me getting this sew-in (yeah none of that is my hair although it is the same length). I'll discuss that in another post though but basically it really bothered the shit out of me at one point but when we got back to my place I just popped some pain killers. Soon after Kevin left, I had to take it all down. Probably won't do sew-ins for a looooong time. I'll explain why later though...

But on a better note, when we came back from Five-Sixty, I ran us a hot bath, set up some candles, dimmed the lights and used the bath bomb called Sex bomb by Lush he and I picked up recently. It smelled like roses with a subtle tropical muskiness to it so it was perfect for the occasion. It feel really good and helped with my painful headache I was experiencing earlier that day as well as other added on stress because of my summer class.
The colors and rose in the middle was what also attracted me too!

If you never used a bath bomb, these things will make your entire bathroom smell good whether they are in use or not! They're mainly composed of baking soda and I believe there are DIY tutorials on how to make these yourself on Youtube. It made our skin super soft and subtle. I think some of these have oil deposits which is so nice ^ ^ I also bought a bubble bath one that I can't wait to use! This bomb is by far my favorite though! I think you can get it for around $5-$6. They have smaller ones for cheaper too at the Northpark mall.

Before I end this long post, I wanted to share one of the gifts he got me...there's another one but he won't give it to me just yet which is fair since I have a nice gift coming for him soon that you guys will also get to see soon.

A nice photo album full of memories from this past year. I cried y'all...I definitely couldn't hold it in. I showed my mom and she thought it was really sweet too. He is such a romantic and this straight up proves it! I love him so much. I seriously can see us being together for years and years to come. Never have I felt this way about anyone else before in my 19 years of living...he is so special to me and will always be. I'm so grateful to have him here with me...some people may think I'm too young for all this seriousness but why mess around? I never saw any sense in that. I always loved the idea of being with someone who plans on spending quality time with me for years on end especially if they genuinely make me absolutely happy. I wish everyone could experience what I do with him especially those who have been supporting us from the beginning. I always feel like sharing my happiness that he brings me with you guys to show you that no matter what any bitter person tells you, there IS someone out there for you. Be patient, and they will come. Work on yourself, put yourself out there, but don't get upset if you haven't caught your special somebody yet. It's just not your time. Hell...didn't think it'd be mine now! But here we are. Well, that's all I can say for this post. Till the next post!

23 comments :

1. Miyuki Yanahara7/28/12, 4:02 PM

You guys do look like a celeb couple haha~!<3 All of the couple color coordination things i've seen are always purple. I wonder why? Maybe It's because it's feminie, but masculine, formal, but casual, and an over great color?

2. Rhea Calloo7/28/12, 5:11 PM

this was adorable, i'm really happy for you. (:

ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I'm glad you said that because that's exactly how I feel about the color purple! It's the reason why I like it so much *hint hint* why I normally design my blog with purple here and there :) Thank you!

4. nikki smith7/28/12, 6:16 PM

This post made me cry inside so much!. My 1 year ann: is coming up in october && I am hoping we get there. You both look great!.. && girll I can't wait to see your post about the sew in.. I had a sew in matter a fact a couple sew ins.. but the last sew in I got, did it.. was the damn cherry to that icecream!!! . -_- won't be getting one for a very very very long time.

ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I'm sure you two will just keep up your perseverance!  October isn't too far from now so you're almost there :) Yes, this is THE only sew-in that made me go no more! It is not worth all of this pain and discomfort...idc how good my weave looks.

6. hzbumbleberri7/28/12, 8:43 PM

You are your boyfriend are so adorable!! Happy 1 year anniversary~
    I used to live in Plano, but visited Dallas a lot. Miss it so much, downtown Dallas at night looks absolutely beautiful :) Thank you for sharing this lovely post. Photo album was such a sweet idea!

I am happy to join your site and follow it! Would you like to follow me back? :D

NingNing

ReplyDelete
  7. awww you guys are so cute! Happy anniversary!

ReplyDelete
  8. You really are on of my biggest inspirations and I can't even express how much i look up to you and your advice.  I hope and pray for the day that I would find someone that i can be happy with.  I know what i want and sometimes I get upset, and impatient, cuz I  know how wonderful it is to have and be loved completely, and I want that, cuz my main goal is to be  happy.  The last few lines of your post gave me hope;  I would like to thank you for  that ^_^  and pray that you and Kevin be happy together for years to come, for you deserve it.<3

ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Jinger, that whole paragraph said so much. Thank you! I honestly didn't think we would make such an impact on people the way we have but I'm glad that you are inspired and are determined for happiness in your life which ultimately is what's most important to achieve. You will get there! Good luck on your journey!

ReplyDelete
  10. You know, I actually had a bit of a melt-down yesterday because I was thinking about how my brother has some girl he really wants to ask out, how my uncle has a new but cool boyfriend, and how my dad and his boyfriend will be celebrating 6 years together soon. Then I realized I have no one special like that to call my own and I cried (there was also other added factors) But I had to breathe and remind myself that it's not the end of the world I don't have someone. Reading your sentences on how there truly is someone out there for me just made me feel a lot better.

Although I have to admit I'm totally jealous of how amazing and thoughtful your boyfriend is! I've been following your blog for a bit (I don't comment enough though) and I think I remember when you first posted about your first date with Kevin. Amazing! Congratulations on 1 year and I hope you have many more :D

11. Awhhh happy anniversary to you guys ;D
    That place looks so nice and fancy! I can tell you guys enjoyed it.
    I like how you both matched too, good idea :)
    such a good picture of you guys too !
    Best wishes <333

ReplyDelete
  12. BIG CONGRATS TO YOU AND KEVIN! I'm so happy for you! I wish you two another happy year filled with love, care and learning!<3<3<3 And you looked beautiful!

13. Thank you sweetheart <3 I'll tell him you said that! :D

ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad this uplifted your spirits Kassidy. I definitely wouldn't want to hear of anybody feeling down about this sort of thing as everyone has their own special time in life when it will arrive at the most unexpected moment. Could be when you're looking up guys online or when you're at the public library studying for an exam. You just never know but that's the relief of it all. When it happens, you will be thankful. I'm sue you will have a great guy one day given your determination. Keep your chin up and continue being you :)

ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the 1 year anniversary. You both are a very beautiful couple. You are a great inspiration to us girls. Before I saw your asian guys and black girls videos on youtube I was loosing hope on finding the right guy for me. Then I decided to give it one more try and I found someone.  We met each other on a Japan Cupid dating site back in August of last year and we have been talking ever since. We officially met up and had our first date on May 8th and everything was just incredible. He is the most kind, considerate, caring guy I have ever met in my entire life. Our 1 year anniversary is in August. I am very blessed to have a wonderful boyfriend that loves me. I want to thank you for posting great videos. There is a guy out there for every girl.

ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry for the double post. I new at posting a comment.

ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet turn out for you guys! That is awesome you two met the way you did and stayed together since :D Thank you and you are absolutely welcome. I like spreading the love to people and give others hope. So happy it worked out for you in the end. Congrats on you and your bf making it thus far and coming closer and closer to your one year :) I'm sure it will be special when the day comes!

18. Haha thank you sweetie *--*  Aww you both are so beatiful ;.;

Congratulations!! I hope you guys have many years together from now on *3*

19. Thank you Vicky and so do I! :D

20. chocobabichan8/1/12, 8:02 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Miyuki Yanahara8/3/12, 5:32 PM

Oh yea~! I didn't even notice....somehow XD haha and no problem^^

ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Opinions? Leave 'em below, I'd love to hear it!